The Oklahoma Health Care Authority operates similarly to any private insurance carrier. We do not provide direct patient care, but rather contract with various providers (e.g., physicians, nurses, hospitals, etc) to provide services to our members and to our providers. Visit our members and providers sections for more information on SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid).
We are a state agency with more than 425 unclassified positions. Below are some interesting characteristics regarding our workforce:
OHCA clearly appreciates and demonstrates its support of diversity in the workplace.
- OHCA is #1 in the employment of minorities in state government
- 34 percent of our employees are minorities
- OHCA is #3 in the employment of women in state government. 80 percent of our employees are women
- High employee job satisfaction is evident in a turnover rate that is 33 percent below the average turnover for total state employment
- We actively provide career advancement opportunities for our employees
- More than half of our job openings result in internal employees getting promoted
- We have a relatively young workforce with an average age of 38