Certified Nurse Aide Training Tuition Fee Waiver
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training program is a joint effort among the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA), Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Department of Health, Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality, and SoonerCare contracted Long Term Care (LTC) facilities.
The CNA program is an initiative to decrease the nurse aide shortages in SoonerCare contracted LTC facilities by paying for the training of qualified individuals to become Certified Nurse Aides. The programs collaboration provides students with a choice of educational facilities in several areas of Oklahoma including rural areas and an opportunity to increase their skills at no cost with a 12 month commitment to our SoonerCare contracted LTC facilities.
Students who select the tuition fee waiver option at the training facility will sign a contract with OHCA stating that they will work in a SoonerCare contracted LTC facility for 12 months within 24 months after completing the course.
Below are links to the Contract and Employment Tracking Forms for students to review and use for employment verification purposes. Please select the Employment Tracking Form associated with your location.
Please see qualification and program information below:
- Oklahoma Resident
- 18 years of age or older
- Satisfactory Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations (OSBI) background check and Nurse Aide Registry screening (student pays)
- Satisfactory Tuberculosis test (student pays)
- 72 hours of classroom training
- 24 hours of supervised clinical training
- For a total of 96 hours
- 96 hours of training
- Pass the written and skills certification exams
- Work in a SoonerCare contracted LTC facility for at least 12 months within 24 months
- Submit an Employment Tracking Form to your training facility and verify acceptance
For More Information: