SoonerRide is a program that helps you get to and from your SoonerCare appointments if you need a ride. We partner with LogistiCare Solutions LLC to provide this non-emergency transportation service for both the SoonerCare Traditional and SoonerCare Choice programs. Some of the important features of SoonerRide are:
- SoonerRide arranges to take you to medically necessary services covered by SoonerCare;
- IT IS NOT FOR EMERGENCY TRANSPORT
- You must call at least three business days before your appointment to arrange for your ride.
- A trip authorization number must be obtained in advance through the reservation line for gas/mileage reimbursement.
You can schedule your ride by calling toll-free 877-404-4500 and TDD 800-722-0353 during these hours:
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday;
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Important: Be sure to write down the confirmation number.
- Facility Line
800-243-5560 Ext. 203
Lodging and/or Meals Services
If you must travel a long distance that requires an overnight stay in order to access SoonerCare approved medical services with a specialist doctor, then you can contact the Population Care Management Division at 877-252-6002 to request help with lodging and/or meals during your trip.
The Population Care Management Division will talk with you, review your request, and notify you whether or not you are approved for SoonerCare lodging and/or meals services.
You may also ask a hospital social worker to help you, or ask your doctor’s office to send a SoonerCare Lodging and/or Meals Request form (referral form) to Population Care Management Division. The form they need can be found below.
Read the links below for more information.
Additional Child Passengers:
- SoonerRide will now begin taking up to three children to urgent medical appointments. The appointment can be for either a sick child or sick parent. The following conditions must apply:
- The medical appointment must be urgent (to be seen within 24 hours) as determined by the member’s doctor. SoonerRide will confirm this with the member’s doctor.
- All children must be the member’s by birth, marriage, legal adoption, foster child,
or legal guardianship.
- All additional children (not the patient) must be younger than 13 years of age. Unless, the child has complex medical, intellectual or physical disabilities that require constant care and supervision.
- Each child must have their own car seat, provided by the member, if required, by state law.
Members must make the request for additional child passengers when making the trip reservation. A maximum of three (3) children can ride with their parent/guardian. The total number of passengers, including the driver cannot be more than five (5) for any vehicle.